£40k - 50k per year
0203 002 2217
about 1 month ago
Civils Project Manager
Location: East London (M25) - Stratford
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for Civils Project Manager to work for a fantastic Telecommunications company. The successful candidate will be leading a team of Civils Crews working alongside fibre engineers delivering works on National
Working with the Scheduling Manager, to coordinate and organise crews for your assigned project.
• Oversee the project site including yard and back office. Ensure equipment is stored correctly and safely.
• Plan and control finances by means of accurate estimation, forecast to complete and strong monitoring and control of spend. Agree costs and sign off invoices in line with the agreed budget.
• Ensure any slippage/risk is identified and remedial or mitigating actions are suggested and implemented balancing delivery with commercial impact
• Be responsible for the P&L of the assigned project, assist in generating monthly/weekly financial reports and ensuring the contract is profitable.
• Line manage assigned project team, ensuring performance appraisals and support. Be responsible for ensuring crews are working efficiently, safely and aligned to the company values
• Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling
• Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities across all stakeholders with regular monitoring to ensure roles/responsibilities are being fulfilled as expected
• Provide weekly and monthly project reports for directors and clients ensuring they are accurate, provided in a timely manner and presented in a professional format
• Manage the day to day operational client interface to deliver satisfaction of client needs whilst maximising business value. Liaise proactively with clients on progress of jobs.
• In conjunction with procurement, ensure maintenance of adequate stock and material levels with sufficient forward planning.
• Be the point of contact for customer complaints, respond quickly and proactively to resolve the issue as presented, escalating to the Head of Client Delivery as appropriate.
• Carry out surveys and audits in a timely manner to ensure the project delivery is being done safely and to a high standard
• Organise vehicles and ensure vehicle logs and paperwork is completed
• Interact with operational shared services teams to ensure adequate support is provided around noticing, resourcing and admin support.
• Work closely with other project managers to ensure standardise process, best practice and continuous improvement.
• Take responsibility for overall health and safety on the project, coordinating and completing risk assessments and other documentation where needed.
• Apply the performance management processes consistently across members of staff you are responsible for ensuring performance appraisal set clear expectations of performance and is adequately supported with training and development
• Collect information as required for processing of team member wages, overtime, holiday, sickness and medical information by required deadlines
• National Grid Person Authorisations NSI4 and Overhead line BESC.
• National Grid Person Authorisations NSI 6+8 and substation BESC.
• Project Management history for UG/OH Fibre works
• Financial knowledge strength, history of managing P+L.
• Degree educated – in an engineering discipline
• First Aid
• CSCS Card
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Josh Wright from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2217