Kingston upon Thames
£50k - 65k per year
0203 002 2212
9 days ago
Construction Project Manager
Start date: ASAP (interviews this week Thursday & Friday)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50 - £65k DOE
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with strong residential construction main contractor experience, to work for a fantastic company based in Kingston upon Thames. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and administering building contracts. They will also ensure that all consultants and contractors perform their duties and services in accordance with signed contracts and report variances if any. The company operates across the South East therefore you will be required to travel to multiple sites. The company offers excellent career progression opportunities and then after your 6 months probation various benefits will be looked at.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Attends all progress meetings, and makes decision within their authority
- Understands all design documentation, drawings, specifications, contract terms and conditions, and any special requirements, including programme milestones.
- Checks and ensures the correct setting out of the project and demarcation, in accordance with the approved design plan and levels.
- Monitors all contract variations, related submittals and maintains up-to-date register, and copies of all drawings and site instructions.
- Recommends or actions all submittals, variation requests and site instructions, and makes suitable amendments to ensure budgets are maintained.
- Monitors daily site activities, frequently inspects works, and checks for construction documentation compliance.
- Advises and assists Contracts Manager on any poor performance remedial action, review of any claims, variation orders and programme issues for further action, or recommendations to higher management.
- Ensures smooth handing over of completed projects in a timely manner.
- Ensures timely submission of CPA for management approval as per procedure.
- Oversees the timely submittal of all project materials and, especially, those of final appearance finishes that require either planning or client approvals.
- Completes project take over after ensuring that the building is technically complete and finished, according to the contract requirements, time, quality, and cost.
- Supports and liaises with the Contracts Manager and all other departments and subsidiaries to close the project off.
- Monitor’s construction programme and makes recommendations in areas of slippage.
- Monitors and controls snag lists prepared by consultants at take over and advises acceptance / rejection to final completion.
- Manages budgets.
- Prioritizes and plans teams and own tasks to ensure they are completed within set deadlines.
- CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR MANAGEMENT
- Manages and directs consultants, as required, to meet the design and building construction requirements.
- Monitor’s consultant and contractor activities.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of the works.
- Checks and ensures the completeness of any progress payment claims by contractors and consultant.
- Monitors and manages the performance and compliance of the contractors/ consultants according to the scope of services and contractual obligations and standards
- Ensures prompt presentation of material submittals by contractors and consultants and makes approval recommendations to the Management.
- Reviews / comments on contractors’ reports and ensures timely completion for monthly management reporting.
- Manages the tender process of provisional sum packages together with consultants and ensures timely award of contracts.
- Ensures Consultant submit their recommendation/assessment of any Extension of Time claims by contractors, as and when required.
- Ensures proper and professional performance of all design and supervising staff.
- Coordinates with respective utilities to ensure connections are made in a timely manner to maintain the progress of the project.
- General correspondents with local authorities, consultants and contractors, to ensure that all NCD’s and permit approvals are obtained for the smooth execution of the works to avoid delays to the programme.
- Maintains proper and up-to-date project file administration records – both hard and soft copy that is acceptable to internal and external auditors.
- Delegate’s work and monitors the performance of any staff under their management, and issues directives, as required, to ensure satisfactory performance
- Provides fortnightly project management reports, and monitoring of site managers reporting schedule.
Must Have: -
- Relevant Construction Management Qualification
- Must hold current SMTS/ CSCS/ FIRST AID
- Valid Driving Licence
- Minimum 10 years main contractor experience
- Residential experience required
- Proven track record of delivery of Residential Projects.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Justin Levin from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2212