£27k - 34k per year
7 months ago
Data Cabling Engineer
Location: Oxfordshire / Reading / Berkshire
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000 - £34,000 per annum depending on skill set plus benefits
Allied Resource are currently recruiting a Data Cabling Engineer with strong experience in installation, termination and testing of Copper / Fibre. The successful candidate will be working as part of a team or teams delivering and supporting Structured cabling project related activities. The company operates primarily around areas such as Oxford, Reading, Surrey, and Greater London completing projects in environments such as Retail, Education, Commercial and Government sites. The company offers fantastic career progression and a solid benefits package for successful candidates.
- Installation, termination and testing of Cat5E, Cat6 and Cat6A structured cables.
- Installation of containment (Plastic conduit & trunking, metal conduit, steel wire cable tray).
- Installation of Fibre Optic Cables as well as testing and termination.
- Identifying faults on site and completing necessary rectifications.
- Carry out testing post installation using Fluke DSX Series testers.
- Regularly liaise with Supervisors / Project Managers regarding assigned projects.
- Ability to work on your own and within a team of Engineers.
Must Have: -
- Strong experience and knowledge of Structured Cabling systems.
- Holds an in date ECS / CSCS card within your trade.
- IPAF / PASMA licence (Desirable).
- CNCI Copper and Fibre certified (Desirable).
- Excellent understanding of on-site Health and Safety procedures.
- Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings.
- Ability to pass an enhanced DBS check.
- Manual Handling and Asbestos awareness trained (Desirable).
- Full UK driving licence.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Ross Teasdale from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2215.