£200 - 500 per day
7 months ago
DSLAM Fibre Engineer
Start date: Monday 25th January or ASAP
Job Type: 6 month rolling contract
Day Rate: £200 - £500+ per day (Price work – list available on request)
Payment Terms: Weekly
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for Fibre Engineers with strong DSLAM / Exchange experience to work for a fantastic company based in the Midlands. The goal of the programme is to provide an additional fibre to DSLAMs that require more bandwidth due to high customer demand/usage. Engineers will be required to provide an additional fibre link back to the head end, which increases the backhaul bandwidth.
This will be working on a very long term continuous contract on a price work basis, the possibilities are endless and engineers can earn as much as they want, the work is very fluid! All sites will be based in the Midlands, but some travel will be required as they touch areas in East Anglia and towards the North. Engineers will be expected to collect equipment from a hub, carry van stock and top up when necessary.
- Connection of fibre to OCR in the exchange.
- Test with AOC and plug fibre into next port of control card at DSLAM.
- Prove fibre continuity to DSLAM.
- Ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times on site.
- Check over work quality and test where possible.
- Strong fibre engineering experience, particularly on DSLAM project or exchanges.
- N04 and N23 BT accreditation
- Van and relevant tooling.
- Basic PPE
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2211