£300 - £320 per day DOE
0203 002 2211
29 days ago
Electricians (DC Competent)
Location: Regionalised Work (Southern England or Scotland)
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: 2 - 4 year contract
Day rate: £300 - £320 per day DOE + Conditional Travel Expenses + Weekend / Nights Uplifts
Allied Resource are on the lookout for DC competent Electricians with extensive experience within the telecommunications industry to work for a market-leading company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all electrical aspects within the exchange and data centre environment. The role will require travel throughout the UK, although work is regionalised wherever possible. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a fantastic long term project.
- Design, Install and verify a wide range of Electrical Installations in an economical manner.
- Ability to work alone to complete fault finding and identifying solutions to fix systems.
- Complete full re-wiring on systems including Alarms, Heating systems and Lighting.
- Carry out testing and maintenance on exchange and data centre power systems.
- Ensure any completed Installations are up to manufacturer standards.
- Complete Installation tasks to 18th Edition wiring regulations to cooling and heating systems.
- Always provide outstanding customer service and have the knowledge to answer any customer questions / requests.
- Identify and repair any Electrical problems in both exchange and data centre environments including Re-wiring, fault-finding, and monitoring.
- Always adhere to on site Health and Safety procedures and ensure good quality workmanship to company standards.
- Ability to manage your own time effectively and work unsupervised.
- Strong experience working as an Electrician, within a telecommunications environment, preferably Data Centres / Exchanges / Switch Sites.
- DC competent.
- 18th Edition certified.
- Inspection & Testing (2391 / 2395)
- AC/DC Trained
- First Aid (Full Course)
- DC Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
- Full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Ross Teasdale from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2215.