£350 per day
about 1 month ago
Fibre Engineer and Junior
Start date: Monday 29th March
Job Type: Contract (Ad-hoc for 1 year)
Day Rate: £250 per day (Lead) / £100 per day (Junior)
Payment Terms: Weekly
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a Fibre Engineering Team to work on a long term FTTP project based in Manchester. Working for a Broadband service provider, the companies aim is to provide the ideal fibre installation solution for Multi Dwelling Units (MDU’s) and residential properties in various locations across the UK. Successful candidates will work in teams of 2 to complete installations, teams will consist of one team leader who must be fully fibre trained with the ability to run, splice and test cables, and one junior engineer who will be there to assist the lead. Engineers will also be responsible for organising equipment and planning for jobs. You will visit the site before starting to list the equipment needed using the planning packs left by the survey/plan team, you then feed this back into management who will organise the materials for you to complete the job. You will mainly be working on residential properties and office blocks, so excellent customer facing skills and presentation is a must for this contract. There is a zero-tolerance policy on unprofessional behaviour on the contract.
- Complete fibre installs across commercial and residential units.
- Successfully install, splice and test fibre cables.
- Complete any containment and cosmetic areas of the install in a clean and professional manner.
- Ensure that testing is completed thoroughly for the best customer experience.
- Conduct your work in a professional manner and represent the company in a good way whilst on site.
- Work with the management team to troubleshoot technical queries and resolve issues.
- Strong fibre engineering experience working on FTTP and MDU projects.
- Know how to read planning packs and estimate materials needed to complete the job.
- Standard tools including a drill, steps and barriers.
- Own splicing equipment.
- Fibre optic light tester.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Own van and driving licence.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Ross Teasdale from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2215.