8 days ago
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent (40 Hour Week)
Salary: Negotiable + Package + Vehicle
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a Fibre Splicer with strong FTTx experience to work across the Preston area. The successful candidate will be a part of the installation team. You will be responsible for extending existing builds to provide service to customers, resolving network issues preventing customers from being connected and fault finding and repairing damage to existing network to restore service in a timely manner. The company offers excellent career progression opportunities and benefits including: Pension, life insurance, health care options, company vehicle and 33 days holiday.
- Installation of Fibre Cables into Distribution points, fibre enclosures and patch panels on existing and new networks.
- Splice and test of internal or external fibre to the customer premise using Fusion Splicer, OTDR & ILM.
- Finding Faults on the existing and new networks being built.
- Carry out emergency repair work as part of the 24 hours call out team. This is rota based.
- You will need to work both individually and as a team to achieve the delivery targets and KPI’s
- Working at heights and in the underground network, whilst making sure to keep to all H&S Legislations.
• Full UK driving licence held for at least 12 months
• Valid NRSWA street works Operative card
• Experience working with schematics, duct diagrams and as builds
• Ability to interpret schematics and update changes accordingly
• Extensive experience of fusion splicing / OTDR testing on a Fibre network
• Confident working at heights and in the underground network.
• Excellent communication skills
Must Have: -
- Full UK Driving license for 1+ years
- NRSWA Operative Card
- Very experienced with Fusion Splicing and OTDR Testing
- BT SA001 & SA002
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Drew Cairns from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2213.