£290 per day
16 days ago
Fibre Splicing Engineer
Start date: Monday 26th October or ASAP
Job Type: Contract – 6 months rolling
Day Rate: £290 per day
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for Fibre Splicing Engineers to work on a long term contract in the Manchester area. Working on a PONs rollout, you will be expected to splice and test fibres (all UG works), amongst some other installation tasks as and when required. This will be an ongoing contract, engineers will need to provide their own van and tools.
- Installation and splicing of cables
- Fibre handling and testing
- Being able to analyse the trace results to pinpoint any problems.
- Analysing site documentation and installing equipment in line with the specification
- Produce fibre characterisation reports
- Testing HZ Clusters and PONs
- Strong Fibre Splicing background.
- Excellent Fibre Testing background.
- Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment.
- Own OTDR and Splicers.
- Own van.
- BT Accreditations including SA002 / S7
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Ross Teasdale from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2215