£240 per day
24 days ago
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for Optical Telecoms engineers to work on BT exchanges installing Huawei 1800 cards. This is card swaps and test calls on the cabinets across the UK.
FTTC Card Swaps
Location: UK wide (NW Based Ideally)
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months rolling (3 year contract)
Day Rate: £240 P/D + If you travel over 4 hours one way you will be paid an additional travel day at £240 per day.
Primary role and Responsibilities
• The installation of all types of telecommunication equipment at customer locations. These will primarily be in Data Centres and BT exchange. This will include:-
a) Installation of equipment cabinets/Racks and Vendor specific equipment racks in both raised floor and non-raised floor environments.
b) Installation of equipment within the racks
c) Installation of optical cards into an existing equipment
• Installation of all the associated cabling including:-
a) AC and DC power cabling-Engineer with DC competency will be required
b) Fibre patching (Eqpt to Eqpt or within ODF)
c) Labelling of all the above in accordance with Customer specific standards
d) Fault finding (use of power meters, etc)
• Carrying out site surveys
• Liaising with internal and external customers
• Working to tight timescales as part of a high-performing team
• Assessing risks whilst on site
• Producing required documentation/Reporting for completed installation work
• Must be responsible for working in accordance with the Company’s quality procedures, security requirements and suggesting improvements where necessary.
• At least two years’ experience working as an Installation Engineer
• DC Competency
• First Aid Certification desirable
• Working at Height Certification desirable
• CSCS qualification desirable
• Clean driving Licence essential
• Computer literate – Able to use Windows Office
• Familiarity with basic Command Line commands and use of Hyper terminals.
• Add all certification required for QPL (RF Awareness / Rooftop Safety / Ladder / Abestos / Manual )
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Paul Thornton from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2210