£50k - 60k per year
14 days ago
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (DOE) + Excellent Benefits.
Allied Resource are currently working with a fantastic telecommunications company, based in the Midlands. The client work heavily on FTTH projects and now have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the existing team. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day project management of our client’s technology and network construction projects with proven experience in scope and schedule management, risk and issue management, finance and cost control management, resource and people management and benefits management.
- Working collaboratively with all stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to achieve mutual understanding of the scope of projects.
- Work with your team to identify and schedule all the work needed to fulfil the scope, building an in-depth project plan to keep track of progress.
- Plan all projects in detail to ensure identification of cross-portfolio dependencies and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
- Ensure all resources are identified so that the project budget will remain affordable and is accurate.
- Ensure all relevant cross-functional resources are identified and ensure that all parties understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Provide day-to-day management for the project – cost, time and quality in line with APM framework.
- Ensure there are robust processes in place for issue and risk management instigating mitigation actions and identifying contingency plans to keep the project on track.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
- Ensure effective management of third-party suppliers to your project(s).
- Using appropriate systems, techniques and tools to establish and manage an effective project reporting structure.
- Provable experience in the management of FTTH projects.
- Proven background delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- Experience of different project management frameworks e.g. waterfall/agile.
- Facilitation and workshop experience.
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills including schedule and scope management.
- Risk and Issue Management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools and MS Project.
- Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP) (desirable).
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Alex Woodman from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2210.