£35k - 40k per year
24 days ago
FTTX Network Designer
Location: North Yorkshire to South Lincolnshire (WFH/ 1 day in office per week/some site visits)
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 35,000 – 40,000 GBP Per Annum
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a FTTX Network Designer with strong FTTX Design experience to work for a fantastic company based in Yorkshire. The successful candidate will design and plan cabling works. The company operates around Yorkshire delivering fixed line services. The company offers excellent career progression opportunities and benefits including healthcare cash plan, employee assistance programme, high street discount portal, discretionary sick pay, and 30 days holiday.
- Create and Design fibre optic networks including fibre splice plans, cable duct and routing, and Openreach PIA.
- Manage network build work packages and creation of bill materials.
- Liaise with designated project managers to deliver solid work plans and discuss any potential changing needs.
- Produce work packages for both cabling and construction teams internally and externally.
- Identify potential on site risks and support tendering bids.
- Cooperate with local authorities and internal/external stakeholders to ensure constructive and efficient implementation of the infrastructure.
- Responsible for closely managing contractors to guide them through build processes.
Must Have: -
- Knowledge of NRSWA, CDM, Code Powers and SafeDig.
- Strong knowledge of FTTP and FTTC design.
- Detailed understanding of both Civils and Fibre planning.
- Experience in operating on the Openreach network (PIA desirable).
- UK Driving Licence
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Drew Cairns from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2211.