£35k - 40k per year
18 days ago
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a FTTx Field Trainer to support the staff’s development within delivery of both installation and splicing of fibre cabling and accreditations to make sure the field staff meet the industry criteria and standards. You will be based from Bedford in the training centre, however will be required to travel to other offices.
The Successful candidate will be training people from scratch, turning them into fully competent splicers / cablers, as well as upskilling the existing engineers where needed. This role is likely to double in size over the next 6 months, so they will be looking at bringing in trainers/assessors under the person who takes this position. This gives a clear career progression route for this role, with excellent prospects.
• Responsible for completing the assessments and coaching o the field-based staff both in the training centre and in the field.
• Keep on top of training and certifications for all operatives remain valid.
• Give your knowledge and understanding of PIA & Openreach accreditations to make sure people are prepared through training plans.
• Work with your training team and produce training programmes for field staff.
• Carry out field assessments to check the capability of workers as well as pre training to help the engineers before training.
• Be able to constructively challenge engineers on their knowledge and give them more insight/training to meet the standard required.
• Maintain ongoing records of training & accreditations of field staff working with departments such as the HSEQ to ensure everything is up to date.
• Work closely with line managers to inform them about the engineers training/development.
Must Have: -
• Experience as a trainer/assessor working for a communications infrastructure contractor
• Experience working on the BT network.
• Competent with 1to1 coaching
• Strong communicator being able to adapt to various audiences.
• Openreach/BT Accreditations (ideally N23, N27, N28 & K8)
• Full Drivers License
• Openreach Lead Assessor Status (Preferable)
• Recognised Assessor qualification e.g. TAQA (Preferable)
• PIA Fibre Accreditation (Preferable)
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Ross Teasdale from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2215