£34k per year
about 1 month ago
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,000 + 22 days holiday, plus BH + Bonus + Sick Pay + Pension + Perkbox
Allied Resource are currently very proud to be working with a major Telecommunications company based in Essex. Our client now has a very exciting opportunity for a GIS Technician/Analyst to join the existing team. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to put real investment into their career and join a company that is going to change the face of the telecoms industry in East Anglia.
- Accountable for maintaining and updating the information on the company GIS business systems.
- Maintaining and updating the pointer data (NI premise data) set used by the company in the build of its fibre networks.
- Effectively resolve issues that arise between data layers and opposite co-ordinate systems across the applications utilised by the business.
- Liaise with 3rd party resources to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Work closely with contract partners to ensure NISRANS Symology is being reported accurately to the Roads Authority.
- Produce detailed survey maps in support of the survey team, checking subsequent survey packs for alignment with the Network Plan and completeness.
- Publish maps and data online which can be shared and viewed by the public or within the organisation.
- Survey any areas that have missing or incomplete Telecoms Physical Infrastructure or GIS data.
- Capture and identify asset types and dimensions and record them accurately using paper-based mapping and tablets with ESRI ArcGIS.
- Maintain data and accurate “As-Built” records of all network inventory.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a GIS related position and will have a GIS/CAD qualification.
- Minimum 3 years in the telecommunications environment.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS 10x and ArcGIS Pro, web GIS in ArcGIS online portal
- Open-source GIS skills desirable.
- Knowledge on, and use of SQL, FME & Python.
- Ordnance survey experience.
- Working knowledge of web-based GIS and/or enterprise GIS technologies.
- Field-based data capture or surveying experience of any kind highly advantageous.
- Strong IT proficiency, especially in Microsoft Office software packages.
- Confident communicator, with ability to present effectively.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Kyle Chudek-Marrion from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2822.