£60k - 75k per year
17 days ago
Head of Design
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 per annum (DOE)
Allied Resource are currently working with a fantastic telecommunications firm based in Exeter. Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Head of Design to lead a team of Planners & GIS professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a major player in the comms industry.
- Manage the delivery of end-to-end FTTH design on PIA projects.
- Continually develop the design process to create efficient FTTH design.
- Schedule and prioritise all the teams’ work activities. Ensure work priorities and volumes are in line with the program plan and requirements of the project.
- Maintain and develop design procedures, processes, and training plans for each project.
- Liaise closely with software developers and GIS teams to continually improve the tools available.
- Manage the development of the design team, ensuring recruitment, productivity and training are in line with the requirements of the project.
- Develop and implement strong quality control processes for design team outputs and ensure quality and scope have been closely monitored before passing any data to the end client.
- Prepare detailed reports for internal management and client.
- Work closely with clients daily to resolve any issues or queries with designs.
- Ensure all deliverables on design are completed in a timely manner and to internal Quality Control and client’s exact specifications.
- Significant knowledge in fibre design and GIS
- Strong background in fibre design, with an in-depth knowledge of XPON and FTTH design and surveying.
- In-depth understanding of PIA projects.
- Excellent understanding of network construction, planning, network topology and any requirements of local authorities.
- Strong design system knowledge (AutoCad, ArcGIS, QGIS etc.)
- Extensive background with producing, LLD, HLD and SLD drawings. BoQs & BoMs Splice charts.
- Experience in passive infrastructure planning, with strong focus in FTTH, Underground and Overhead shared infrastructure design.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship building ability.
- Excellent communication skills, and happy to present technical discussions.
- Ability to manage entire lifecycle of design projects, using strong organisational and very KPI driven attitude.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Drew Cairns from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2213.