about 2 months ago
Junior 1st Line Engineer (French & English Speaking)
Location: Soho, London
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Payment Terms: Weekly
Allied Resource are currently very proud to be working with an international provider of telecommunications services, working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative organisations. Our client now has a fantastic opportunity to join their London-based support team as a Junior 1st Line Engineer. You will have previous experience supporting Apple & Microsoft based platforms, and fluency in both French & English to support a multi-lingual customer base.
- First point of contact for customers/users seeking technical assistance over the phone, chat or through the ticketing system.
- Ensuring users are informed of the status and progress of incidents logged with the service desk. Ensure that tasks that meet user requirements are undertaken correctly and on time.
- Liaise with the relevant technical teams and vendors as required, ensuring calls from customers/users are escalated as appropriate per service level agreements or escalation matrix.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise issues according to the business urgency.
- Qualifying and documenting the problems raised by customers/users.
- Responsible for handling support requests for all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
- Provide remote and telephone support to EU users with varying English proficiency.
- Experience in a 1st Line IT Support environment or similar
- Previous experience supporting Microsoft and Apple systems and applications
- Familiarity with ticketing systems will be an advantage (Service Now)
- Basic networking knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs
- Previous experience in troubleshooting, problem-solving or following manuals to solve issues with various technology
- Flexible to work 7-day shift system between 7:00-22:00.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Josh Wright from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2217.