£26k - 50k per year
17 days ago
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent (Shift)
Salary: £26k - £50k (DOE) + Package
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a NOC Engineer to work for a fantastic mobile communications company based just West of London. Our client now requires NOC Engineers to support the monitoring and management of their customer networks and ISP operations. You will be mainly responsible for identifying, managing, diagnosing and resolving incidents to minimise the impact of any network outages and down time.
- Incident Diagnosis, Network Monitoring, Incident Diagnosis and Incident Resolution within Service Level Agreements, ensuring that all incidents are investigated in a timely fashion.
- Detect and diagnose incidents using industry standard network monitoring and management tools.
- Monitor and manage LAN/WAN, bespoke IP networks, Wifi and any other client-provided customer solutions, ensuring meaningful technical analysis with regular updates and next-step resolutions.
- Provide regular ticketing system updates whilst progressing any incidents through to resolution.
- Liaise with and escalate to external supply chain and other client departments to ensure minimal disruption and downtime on the network.
- Manage the technical escalation of incidents to 3rd line support engineers.
- Ensure operational process and procedure is followed in accordance with department guidelines and internal policy.
- Perform problem management, identifying any reoccurring events and support plans for service improvement to mitigate reoccurring incidents.
- Ensue the security and integrity of the networks by adhering to company inform security policies and procedures.
- Direct Field Engineers during installation of equipment and incident troubleshooting.
- Process any requested changes in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with procedure.
- Attend client meetings, either scheduled or ad-hoc.
- Experience with OSPF, IP, BGP and MPLS.
- Experienced in network management, or operations centre environments within either telecoms, managed service or ISP.
- Product knowledge including BTW, TalkTalk, Openreach, Virgin Media and other suppliers.
- First-hand, 3rd party supplier management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- WAN/LAN troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced on multiple trouble-ticketing systems.
- Juniper network device knowledge.
- Experience with Smoothwall, Fortigate and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience managing DNS and Radius Wifi networks.
- CCNAS, CCNP, NSE4, JNCIA or equivalent (and willing to gain certifications).
- Experience in the diagnosis of faults with fibre, including dark fibre.
- Understanding of xDSL technologies.
- Experience managing FTTX services.
- ITIL certified (desirable)
- Experience within a projects team, performing handover and acceptance of services (desirable)
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Luke Cairns from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2216.