2 months ago
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a NOC Engineer to work for one of our fantastic clients on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of what an ISP Network setup looks like with the ability to describe what the Network looks like from Data Centre to Customer premise.
- Monitor, pre-empt and remediate any live service affecting faults and to support service provisioning.
- Work with Installation and Customer experience team to support all things related to customers experience in relation to managing all the network devices including customer router configuration, connectivity and overall Network availability.
- Prioritise and Resolve incidents escalated from Customer Services, Installations team and other stakeholders within the business or alerts triggered from monitoring system.
- Develop processes to support the field installation and customer service team, enabling timely resolution and effective communication.
- Developing and maintaining network documentations, working alongside the build and network design team.
- Responsible for supporting a wide range of activities, from customer router activation, configuration, routing, IP management, technical fault triage and resolution from core network through to customers device.
- Responsible for supporting Major Incidents across the network and striving to identify the underlying Problem to drive timely root cause analysis.
- Responsible for monitoring each of the key Customer technical touch points and proactively identifying solutions and implementing fixes to restore customers service.
- Work as a team to develop the necessary processes, policies, and standard operating procedures to enable effective and efficient service activation, network configuration, technical fault troubleshooting and resolution.
- Technical fault resolution along with Incident and problem management.
- Identify solutions to recurring faults.
- Maintaining and overseeing our Network.
- Excellent knowledge of networking, including physical, switching, routing, transport layers and firewalls.
- Ability to deliver 1st contact resolution and timely triage of faults, ensuring customers services team are informed through to resolution.
- Ability to demonstrate strong team work and have previous experience of operating within a 24x7 Network operations.
- Strong knowledge of home networking i.e. home network setup, IP protocols, servers, router, Wi-Fi configuration and resolution techniques.
- Previous GPON experience (Gigabit Passive Optical Network).
- Good working knowledge and experience in troubleshooting of: Nokia SR Routers, OLT’S, ONT’s, BGP, VRF, VPN’S, DHCP, Optical Networking, QoS, DNS, Radius.
- Good understanding of Incident Management.
- Experience working in Network Operations for an ISP.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or Equivalent.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact _______ from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 _____.