Manchester City Centre
£65k - 75k per year
5 days ago
28 Jul 00:00
Role & responsibilities
Operations Managers role is constant role of evaluation on how the business operates. To manage the implementation of business guidelines and strategies, working with other department heads to ensure everything runs smoothly and in accordance with guidelines and projects are delivered by the Project Managers on budget and on time to delight our customers.
General activities include:
• Overseeing all operational activities for the organisation
• Collaboration with the Sales Director for seamless integration of the teams
• Work in progress
• SalesForce updates
• Staff load balancing between projects
• Travel P&L
• Geographical capabilities and requirements
• Increasing sub contractor relationships across EMEA
• Managing design team
• Managing the procurement of over £7m of sub-contractor contracts per year, resulting in over 300 projects across EMEA per year
• Identifying opportunities to streamline business processes and systems
• Quotation procedures
• Qualifying criteria for customer actions
• Growth of individual verticals Operations
• Translating the company’s strategic plans into defined operational plans.
• Defining performance management KPI’s to monitor operational success against objectives.
• Employee 1-2-1
• Yearly review of Operations staff
• Employee goals and objectives
• Reporting to the exec board on operation activities towards business goals.
• Quarterly meeting with board – off site
• Restructuring business activities to increase speed and efficiency.
• Working alongside other members of the business on business projects.
• Establishing a culture of continuous business improvement.
• overhauling customer service activities and implementing minimum standards across all contact with customers.
• All aspects of Day to day management of the operations team.
• Implementing lean management procedures to minimise stock holding and free up working capital.
• Researching opportunities for cost savings across the business.
• Staying up to date with technological changes within the industry.
• Minimising operation expenditure within the business wherever possible.
• Developing leadership and coaching programmes to increase employee effectiveness.
• Directing all operational activities across the organisation.
Experience must include:
5 years ICT experience relation to Data Centre’s preferred
Management & leadership experience essential
Educated to degree level preferred
Accredited ICT examinations a must
Accredited structured cabling manufacturers training programmes
Strong desire to be part of a team
Entrepreneurial spirit required
Travel as required – EMEA & Global
Must be glass half full type attitude