£220 - £260 per day DOE
0203 002 2211
29 days ago
Monday 27th November
Optical Telecoms Engineer
Location: Regionalised Work (Midlands / North or Scotland)
Start date: Monday 27th November
Job Type: Contract
Contract Length: 2 Years +
Salary: £220 - £260 per day DOE + Conditional Travel Expenses + Weekend Uplifts
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for Optical Telecoms Engineers to complete cabling and installation tasks within Data Centre / Exchange environments. Working on a long term project which will run around 2 - 4 years from now, this is a fantastic opportunity to secure your position on an excellent roll out.
- Fibre handling and adept use of OPM and fault finding.
- Copper and co-axial terminating, testing and fault-finding.
- Minor Infrastructure survey & build activities.
- Rack/Sub rack Installation.
- Installation of telecoms equipment, including minor DC power work, in equipment rooms or out on site in accordance with the design documentation provided.
- Assisting other engineers where and when appropriate, ensuring compliance and adherence with policies and procedures.
- To take full responsibility for the complete installation and test to customer standards.
- Reporting progress and issues affecting the work.
- Responsibility for ensuring all equipment issued is kept in good working order maintaining calibration and test date.
- Perform all duties safely and to industry best practice.
- Receive and check issued paperwork from the office.
- Report all issues with equipment in a timely manner.
- Complete project reports/paperwork and upload within agreed Project SLA.
- Support Project Manager with Project delivery.
- Assist support staff where required.
- Assist SHEQs team with field auditing where necessary.
- Process the return of Decommission equipment to customer stores.
- Provide ad-hoc reports on technical and or field issues as necessary.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the business.
- Internal splicing of Fibre in ODF & patch panels.
- Strong experience within data centre and exchange environments, with an excellent knowledge of the installation, maintenance, configuration and testing of all associated cabling and equipment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Ability to gain NPPV3 (Warwickshire Police Clearance)
- AC/DC Trained
- First Aid (Full Course)
- DC Awareness
- Full UK driving licence.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Josh Wright from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2217.