£40k - 42k per year
13 days ago
Project Engineer (Power & Communications)
Location: Central Belt (Scotland)
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40k-£42k + Bonus + 25 days holiday (+ BH) + Pension + Life Assurance + Discounts + Health Cash Plan
Allied Resource are proud to be working with a UK leader in the provision of infrastructure services to the telecommunications and utilities sectors. Based in Scotland, our client now requires a customer-facing Project Engineer working closely with Project Managers and client representatives within their technical project team. The successful candidate will hold technical knowledge of various networking technologies and principles with experience of successful implementation of projects across varied delivery solutions.
- Operate within customer premises and various substation environments to complete major communications installations.
- Liaise closely with internal and external stakeholders for efficient troubleshooting and resolution of faults.
- Identify and compile relevant data for the provision of network reporting and analysis.
- Work to customer financial milestones, critical to project completion.
- Operate on a stand-by rota as required by the business for out of hours working, terms of this to be discussed further at interview.
- Using technical knowledge, seek to identify and recommend improvements and available cost reductions.
- Complete minor orders for customers.
- Experience in the installation and support of PDH, SDH, DC Chargers, Microwave Radio, Copper and Fibre networks, with the ability to work to 2nd Line Support level on PDH, SDH and microwave.
- Thorough and structured approach to network fault finding.
- Fully PC literate and competent on systems including Word/Excel/MS Projects/Visio etc.
- Strong prioritisation ability across simultaneous workstreams to timescale and budget.
- Very strong written and verbal communication ability, with experience in technical report writing.
- Experience in Nokia and Alcatel equipment (Desirable)
- ODN, XTan and Avara knowledge (Desirable)
- Awareness of Cisco equipment (Desirable)
- HNC in Telecoms of related field (Desirable)
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Luke Cairns from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2216.