Kingston upon Hull
£50k - 60k per year
28 days ago
Location: Preston, East Riding
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50k - £60k + Package
Allied Resource are very pleased to be working with a major player in the telecommunications industry. Reporting to the Project Manager (Contracts), our client now has a very exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join the existing team. Using your extensive background in fibre builds, you will effectively manage all costs related to the project, achieving maximum value for money whilst maintaining excellent standards.
- Collate comprehensive financial and surveying information as required by Senior Management, including monthly review meetings.
- Complete feasibility studies, and exercises relating to value/risk management and fully support the preparation estimates, cash flow projections and cost plans.
- Provide statistics for new rates to the estimating department and support surveying activities.
- Certify, agree, and measure the success of subcontractor accounts.
- Take the lead in evaluating and determining all works for final account purposes and payment, ensuring detailed records are kept.
- Assist Estimators in their duties when required.
- Ensure all payments are received in full, and act as sign off for contractor payments.
- Agree and record extra/day works and all relevant events for loss, delays and expense claims.
- Adhere to and maintain Health and Safety compliance procedures in your work, taking responsibility for yourself and your team members.
- Extensive experience with financial and commercial elements of complex projects.
- Knowledge of various contract types and related legal framework.
- Working knowledge of stock management, procurement, best practice and legislation.
- Strong financial management, budget planning and cost management experience.
- Fully conversant with various contract types.
- Fibre build experience.
- Strong Health and Safety awareness.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Drew Cairns from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2213.