£250 per day
13 days ago
RAN Configuration Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Day Rate: £250
Payment Terms: Weekly
Allied Resource are currently recruiting a RAN Configuration Engineer. The successful candidate, reporting to the Head of Technical Services, will be fully competent in Radio Access Network commissioning, integration and databuild. The job will require configuration, scripting, data-build, integration, troubleshooting & maintenance, in addition to data quality audits on 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G networks but is not limited to this. The role holder may be requested on occasion to participate in weekend work or extended hours, as required by the customer. The successful candidate should demonstrate flexibility, professionalism, accountability, and a strong passion for excellence.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure upgrades are completed efficiently.
- Priorities your activities based on milestone status, site requirements (restricted access times etc.), and customer requirements.
- Effective communication with Project Engineers, Project Managers, FE’s to drive completion.
- Troubleshooting & resolving ad-hoc issues with hardware, databuild, or transmission provider.
- Quality audits on own and others work, to promote a culture of getting it right first time.
- Always be open to participating in and contributing to cross-skilling initiatives.
- Remote troubleshooting and/or integration of either Ericsson ENM (MO Shell, Element Manager, AMOS etc.) for Ericsson ERS (DUG/DUW/DUS, Baseband) or Nokia NetAct (CM Operations Manager, CM Editor, MML etc.) for Nokia Radio Access Networks (AirScale, Flexi Multiradio).
- Strong knowledge of IP and legacy transport protocols.
- An excellent understanding of 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G network architectures, with an understanding of connectivity to radio controllers, OSS systems and core networks.
- IPA2800 (MML) and Nokia DX200 experience.
- Great attitude and team player with high attention to detail. Someone who is self-motivated and can strengthen our service offering while thriving in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong problem-solving ability using a systematic and logical approach.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to join a company with a fantastic reputation in the industry. If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Poppy Melham from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2214