Senior Quantity Surveyor
£380 per day
2 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Portsmouth (Hybrid)
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £380p/d (OUTSIDE IR35)
Payment Terms: Weekly
Allied Resource are very pleased to be working with a major player in the telecommunications industry. Reporting to the CDO, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for ensuring the project is completed within budget. Play a key role in the production of tender documentation to ensure tenders are accurate.
• Carry out contract reviews and provide analysis of key risks and opportunities, providing contractual support to delivery terms for change management, claims and valuations.
• Point of contact for project team on all commercial related items.
• Assist in the preparation of tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
• Accurately track changes to the design and/or construction work, adjusting budget projections accordingly through the reforecasting process
• Oversee the procurement of the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the project ensuring transparency of rates and recoverable charges.
• Able to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes, along with excellent numerical and IT skills.
• An understanding of applicable law and regulations, as well as health and safety matters, tax and insurance and contract law, so that you understand the legal implications of any decisions.
• Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers to ensure the work can be completed within cost projections.
• Lead on lessons learnt reporting for project closure ensuring a closed loop for feedback and implementation of identified actions.
• Risk and Opportunity analysis with evaluation and negotiation of tenders including subcontractors and suppliers.
• General commercial support, with ability to interrogate costs and add value.
• Strong project management capabilities including planning and organising workload and working to strict deadlines.
• The ability to manage complex and multiple bid opportunities at once.
• Good financial and commercial acumen. Capable of understanding pricing, costs, and profit
• An understanding of basic contract language.
• A completer/finisher with exemplary attention to detail and focussed on end result.
• Confident relationship builder with a proven ability to engage clients through excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Able to think on their feet, assertive yet tactful.
• Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills to support decision making.
• Ability to motivate and empower team to deliver high performance standards.
• Able to remain calm under pressure and maintain quality standards even through busy periods.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Luke Cairns from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2216.