£28k - 30k per year + company vehicle
about 1 month ago
Telecoms Install Engineer
Location: UK Wide
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary : 28-£30k dependant on experience
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a telecoms install engineer working on Data centres and switch sites across the UK. The successful candidate will have experience working in this environment and be capable of full installations including lifting racks etc.
Primary role and Responsibilities
• The installation of all types of telecommunication equipment at customer locations. These will primarily be in Data Centres and switch sites. This will include:-
a) Installation of equipment cabinets/Racks including server racks and Vendor specific equipment racks in both raised floor and non-raised floor environments.
b) Installation of equipment within the racks
• Installation of all the associated cabling including:-
a) AC and DC power cabling (not including connecting to the power systems as this will be performed by an 18th Edition qualified Engineer
b) Cat 6/Cat 5 Network patching
c) Fibre patching (Eqpt to Eqpt or within ODF’s)
d) Fibre testing of patched circuits using light source and power meters
e) Labelling of all the above in accordance with Customer specific standards
f) Fault finding (use of power meters, etc)
• Carrying out site surveys
• Liaising with internal and external customers
• Working to tight timescales as part of a high-performing team
• Assessing risks whilst on site
• Producing required documentation/Reporting for completed installation work
• Must be responsible for working in accordance with the Company’s quality procedures, security requirements and suggesting improvements where necessary.
• At least two years’ experience working as an Installation Engineer
• First Aid Certification desirable
• CSCS qualification desirable
• Clean driving Licence essential
• Computer literate – Able to use Windows Office
• Familiarity with basic Command Line commands such as ping and ip address interrogation.
• Ability to work from Customer’s work planning file and Customer specific standards to achieve task completion
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy. Most work is checked by Customer Conformance personnel.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work unsupervised, use initiative and meet strict deadlines
• Enthusiastic, proactive team player
• An ability to methodically work through technical procedures and enjoy quick-fire problem solving
• Ability to work to procedures under pressure in a customer facing environment
• Ability to ascertain and impart appropriate information during installations
• Strong organisational skills