£35k - 40k per year
15 days ago
Location: Livingstone (West-Midlands & South-East UK also available)
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35k-£40k (DOE) + 28 days holiday + Pension
Allied Resource are currently recruiting a Town Planner (Wireless) to work for a leading UK telecommunications contractor. Our client now require a successful candidate to work as part of the Planning Team, playing a pivotal role in ensuring planning processes and applications, codes, policies and practices are being strictly adhered to both before and after the acquisition, design and build of mobile and telecoms critical infrastructure assets. All types of sites across the UK will be included, streetworks, rooftop and greenfield locations along with small cell and altnet clients.
- Submit full planning applications, Reg 5 notifications and GPDO applications.
- Appeal submissions and assessments.
- Liaise with project management teams and other internal colleagues.
- Consult on pre-applications with local planning authorities and relevant stakeholders externally.
- Manage in-flight applications and any ongoing appeals.
- Report into your clients via email/phone/weekly reporting/meetings.
- Liaise with LPA’s.
- Provide relevant, up to date planning advice to internal and external teams.
- Ensure accurate planning/site commentary and recording.
- Assist in the coaching and training of the wider planning team.
- Hit and achieve client milestones and KPI’s.
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with clients.
- 2+ years of Town Planning experience within either mobile/fixed communications, utilities, rail, or construction.
- Very strong negotiation skills and experience.
- Junior level of project management experience would be highly advantageous.
- Very strong IT and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills.
- Full UK Drivers License, and ability to travel if required.
- Experience in submission of planning applications and all related applications and documentation.
- Excellent understanding of National Policy for Comms and GPDO.
- Strong team-working ability.
- MRTPI or RICS accredited (Desirable).
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact James Wilcox from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 005 2823.