£55k - 60k per year
17 days ago
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent or Contract
Salary: £55k + Package // Negotiable Day Rate
Payment Terms: Weekly (Contract only)
Allied Resource are currently recruiting for a Transmission Planner to work remotely for a fantastic mobile communications company. The successful candidate will work alongside design and pre-sales teams to deliver microwave link designs, desktop LOS, request and analyse LOS Surveys, low-level design work, installation packs and OFCOM licensing. You will competently engage with customers directly, building solutions to meet requirements and liaising in a technical pre-sales capacity. Utilise customer network design and in-house design tools to deliver fibre, wireless and fixed line LLU solutions to the mobile and public sectors.
- Complete detailed design activities for microwave radio links, including licensing for OFCOM.
- Carry out high level designs for public sector links at Layer 2 and 3.
- Accurately complete and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project lifecycle.
- Use strong planning knowledge from at least one of the Mobile Network Operators.
- Liaise confidently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Quickly determine potential planning solutions and test them for both business and technical compatibility.
- Remain updated on technical developments and industry trends.
- Monitor radio performance and report faults to consistently maintain project integrity.
- Knowledge, and strong experience of microwave links from multiple manufacturers, either from a design or operational perspective.
- Excellent appreciation of any practical challenges affecting microwave link design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Strong IT skills.
- Detailed understanding of business practice.
- A proactive, self-starting attitude and a willingness to step beyond your comfort zone, taking in opportunities to learn new technology, before incorporating them into customer designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations, with ability to adhere to timescales and manage internal and external expectations accordingly.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Luke Cairns from Allied Resource Recruitment on 0203 002 2216.